The County of Santa Clara FFWCP recognizes local businesses that create supportive workplaces for employees and their families.
Family-friendly workplaces improve health outcomes and job satisfaction for employees and increase work productivity and retention for employers. Employers can create a family-friendly workplace by meeting and exceeding state and federal employment laws relating to parental leave, lactation accommodation, and work/family balance. Learn how to get certified as a Family-Friendly Workplace by reading about the FFWCP below.
What is the FFWCP?
- The FFWCP recognizes employers that implement policies to support families as they balance responsibilities at both work and home.
- This certification program is valid for two years and open to employers of any size that are physically located within the County of Santa Clara.
- The FFWCP focuses on three categories:
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave and Accommodations
- Lactation Accommodations
- Work-Family Balance
- Each program category has specific policy benchmarks to reach certification at four levels: bronze, silver, gold, and platinum.
Why become a certified Family-Friendly Workplace?
Adopting family-friendly policies benefits both employees and employers. Some of the benefits include:
How to become a certified Family-Friendly Workplace?
Organizations can apply to become a certified Family-Friendly Workplace by following the steps below:
Organizations who apply will receive notification of whether they have become certified within 30 working days of submission. The certification lasts for two years. Organizations can apply again when their certification expires to get recertified as a Family-Friendly Workplace.
For more information about how to get certified as a Family-Friendly Workplace, please contact [email protected]. If you need information or assistance with labor standards compliance or workplace issues call the Office of Labor Standards Enforcement Free Legal Advice Line at (866) 870-7725.