Retail Food Advisory Council
The Office of Labor Standards Enforcement (OLSE) established the Retail Food Advisory Council (RFAC) in early 2021 to serve OLSE as an informal stakeholder advisory group. The RFAC supports OLSE in advancing labor standards compliance and supports a healthy economy for the business and workers in Santa Clara County through the following activities:
- Informs and advises OLSE from a variety of stakeholder perspectives, including food retail employees, employee advocates, owners, managers, and industry or consumer representatives;
- Advises OLSE regarding its operation and expansion of the Food Permit Enforcement Program throughout Santa Clara County;
- Researches and identifies labor standard best practices;
- Conducts and gathers research to inform OLSE’s consideration of strategies to create uniformity in labor standards across State and County policy and practice; and
- Advises OLSE on methods to prioritize issues like retaliation, wage theft, sexual harassment, and violence in the workplace.
The RFAC will actively engage with the food retail components of OLSE’s scope of work to provide OLSE with recommendations for supporting the County’s effort to advance labor standards through thoughtful community and business engagement, strategic enforcement, invocation and study, and policy development with a commitment to social justice.